FIE is currently seeking qualified, enthusiastic, and confident applicants for the following part-time, one-semester, fixed-term position with an August 2019 start date. The position will be based in a residence hall, where the successful candidate will be responsible for providing pastoral care to undergraduate students.
Job Title: First Year Experience - Residence Community Coordinator (RCC)
Location: London, England – the position is live-in, and applicants should be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends, as well as UK bank and public holidays
Salary: £10,725 gross, per annum, from which £1,613.50 gross will be deducted per annum for subsidised accommodation in a student residence in London
Job Summary: The Residence Community Coordinator’s key responsibilities are to promote and support FIE’s Residence Life mission, providing a welcoming and inclusive living and learning environment for students. In addition to offering guidance and support to students, handling issues when they arise, the RCC will act as the first point of contact and team leader for Residence Community Supervisors in their assigned residence building.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent
- Experience working with students and/or in a people-centred role
- Strong intercultural and interpersonal communication skills, with a student-centred philosophy
- Sound judgement and ability to determine the level of seriousness of a situation
- Excellent leadership, administrative, organisational, and problem-solving abilities
- Competence working both independently and within a team environment
- Crisis management skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure, including the ability to prioritise own workload in a team setting and within deadlines
Desired Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience working with first year and undergraduate students
- Knowledge of and experience in residence life and/or student services
- Event planning experience
- Supervision or leadership experience
The full job description can be downloaded by clicking here.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVERING LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Based on the Home Office’s Immigration Rules Appendix J: codes of practice for skilled work, this position most closely matches a SOC code 2010 skilled to RQF level 3, making it ineligible for Tier 2 (General) applications due to skill level. Please also bear in mind that a person in the UK under Tier 4 (General) of the points-based system can only work up to 20 hours/week during term time.
As part of any recruitment process, FIE collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, and to meeting our data protection obligations under the GDPR. For more information on how your personal data is used, please read the privacy notice for job applicants.
Application Deadline & Interviews: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis with a final deadline of 19th June, 2019 at 9:00 AM BST. Interviews will be conducted in London the week commencing 1st July 2019.
Anticipated Start Date: 10th August 2019, with induction and training taking place 12th-16th August.
FIE promotes equality of opportunity and diversity within the workplace and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.