TBD - June 2020
For study abroad advisors, academic advisors, and interested faculty responsible for advising on programs related to Peace, Conflict, International Relations, Diplomacy, and related majors.
Visit FIE Dublin to experience how political and cultural resources are used to explore conflict development and transformation, the nature of political leadership in conflict, and the significance of “memory” in conflict.
Meet with Dr. Paul Arthur, Professor of Politics, Emeritus Director of the Graduate Program in Peace and Conflict Studies, and International Conflict Research Institute Honorary Associate at the University of Ulster who teaches the program in Ireland and is the Director of the program.
Visit Dublin historical and political sites with the program participants including the General Post Office Witness Tour, Kilmainham Gaol, Glasnevin Cemetery, and Leinster House, the seat of the Oireachtas, the parliament of Ireland but originally the ducal palace of the Dukes of Leinster. There is also the option to join the Peace and Conflict students on their Study Tour to Northern Ireland after the Dublin site visit.
This special opportunity is designed not only to provide you with the chance to experience part of our amazing Conflict and the Struggle for Peace program, but also the opportunity to meet FIE staff, tour student residences and academic facilities, and experience a bit of Irish hospitality.
DEADLINE MARCH 30, 2020
EXAMPLE OF STRUCTURED SCHEDULE
- Visitors arrive in the morning (overnight flight)
- Hotel check-in
- Lunch on your own
- Kilmainham Gaol Tour
- Welcome Dinner
- Dublin Business School and FIE Residence tours
- Lunch with Dr. Paul Arthur
- Glasnevin Cemetery Tour
- Student meet-and-greet
- General Post Office Witness Tour
- Lunch on your own
- Leinster House Tour
- Wrap up dinner
- Depart OR Continue on to Study Tour
The site visit program includes:
- Hotel accommodation with breakfast in Dublin for 3 nights
- Some meals as indicated in the schedule
- Guided tours of Kilmainham Gaol, Glasnevin Cemetery, Leinster House, and the General Post Office Witness Tour
- Tours of Dublin Business School facilities
- Tours of student residences
- Opportunity to meet with program faculty and FIE staff
- Opportunity to meet with students
- Discussion on how the three cities and two courses within the program seamlessly interconnect
We encourage you to share this opportunity with the advisors in your office, academic advisors, and interested faculty responsible for advising on programs related to Peace, Conflict, International Relations, Diplomacy, and related majors.
For more information (without commitment!) please fill out our online Interest Form and we will get back to you with more details and dates.