WHO SHOULD I COMMUNICATE WITH ABOUT DIFFERENT ISSUES?
We encourage you to contact the department directly responsible for the area in which you have a question in order to expedite the process. For a list of departmental responsibilities and a complete staff listing, please visit the Our Team page. Each of our university partnerships is also managed by a member of the Institutional Relations Team. Any parent, student, or programmatic questions can be directed to them and they will help secure necessary information from London, Dublin or Amman.
WHAT IS THE ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESS?
All partner school students are admitted. No acceptance letters or emails are sent out. Independent students from non-partner institutions receive acceptance emails.
Students on internship, service internship of service learning programs submit a resume and personal statements as per guidelines our application guidelines.
Students on internship, service internship or service learning programs must apply for a pre-entry clearance. In order to do this, they need to receive a unique CAS Number from FIE. CASs are issued once we receive the information directly from the program coordinator. An email is sent out requesting this information.
WHAT ARE THE APPLICATION DEADLINES?
- Fall: April 15th
- Spring: October 15th
- Summer: March 15th
* Trinity College Dublin (TCD) and University College Dublin (UCD) deadlines may differ, please check the Program Dates page for the most accurate information
WHAT COMMUNICATIONS DO STUDENTS RECEIVE PRIOR TO ARRIVAL?
Once a student has started the application process, several emails are sent out to students which are listed below. This process begins approximately two weeks after the deadline. The program coordinator and the visiting faculty member will be copied on all emails, as appropriate. Note that some emails are specific to London, Amman or Dublin, so students may not receive all of the emails listed below.
Welcome email including:
- On-site staff information
- Arrival and departure dates
- Orientation information
- Notification regarding necessary documents needed for clearing customs and immigration
- Pre-departure information
- Student Handbook
CAS Statement email including:
- Unique CAS Number for each student
- Guidance on visa application process, as needed
Experiential Education email including:
- Confirmation of receipt of resume and personal statement
- Internship Handbook
- Note that students will hear about their placements until they arrive in London or Dublin
Student Life Welcome email for London programs including information regarding:
- London FIE Residence Life Policies & Procedures
- Gym membership
- Volunteering opportunities
- Mobile phones
- How to receive mail
- US State Department registration
Housing email including:
- Residence assignments
- Directions to residences
- Other relevant housing information
London Group Flight & Individual Arrival Instructions including:
- Information on how to reach the residences and collect keys
- Details regarding pre-arranged for a group airport transfer, as appropriate
Insurance Information including:
- Online policy document
- Any other relevant insurance information
Additional emails may include:
- Information regarding class registration and timetables
- What to pack
- Other student specific requests for information