FIE regards its campus, housing and classroom facilities as safe spaces to live, study and work with students, faculty and staff who are understanding, supportive, and trustworthy. FIE endeavors to provide appropriate housing for all of its students. Our hope is that everyone in the FIE community – students, faculty, staff, and visitors – knows they can come to anyone for help, advice or just to talk and they can expect consideration, support and the appropriate signposting where necessary.
Everyone at FIE has a right to their opinion; and we encourage brave, diverse and inclusive conversations, however, if someone is stating myths or misinformation FIE faculty and staff will provide more accurate information in a respectful manner. Inappropriate and derogatory comments and/or actions, harassment, bullying, victimization and discrimination are not tolerated and any such behavior will be addressed, investigated and dealt with appropriately. Our approach is based on the Western Michigan State University “Safe on Campus” program.
This policy applies at all FIE spaces, including but not limited to the following:
- Kensington Campus (Foundation House, Metrogate House, and in & around all FIE housing facilities)
- Non-FIE housing facilities in which FIE students reside (including Dublin’s Binary Hub)
- FIE Dublin office
- Dublin university partners
- External academic spaces
- Internship offices and activities
- FIE sponsored activities including extra-curricular events, co-curricular events and study tours