2017 FIE STUDENT GLOBAL LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE
Extending far beyond just our visible differences or the ‘flags, food and festivals’ of our nations, diversity yields superior outcomes. Research shows groups that include a range of perspectives and experiences outperform groups of like-minded experts. FIE’s third Student Global Leadership Conference will empower emerging leaders to engage in inclusive leadership, value diverse contributions, challenge bias and build stronger local and global teams, businesses and communities as a result.
SGLC 2017 Keynote Speakers
SGLC 2017 Panellists
PLATINUM CONFERENCE SPONSORS
Thank you to our valued partner school and School of Record, Marist College, for their generous sponsorship of the 2017 Student Global Leadership Conference.
Marist College is recognized for excellence by US News & World Report and Time, and by The Princeton Review for its programs in communications, business, education, fashion, and IT. With an emphasis on developing the global students of the 21st century, Marist is one of the leading colleges of arts and sciences in the nation and is noted for its leadership in the use of technology to enhance the teaching and learning process. Like FIE, Marist is dedicated to helping students develop the intellect, character, and skills required for enlightened, ethical, and productive lives in the global community.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
FIE endeavors to partner with organizations and individuals who share our values on sustainability, diversity and inclusivity, social justice and human rights in order to ensure a consistent vision is fostered across FIE’s operations and throughout the FIE community.
Who should attend?
- Current student leaders in undergraduate or graduate programs
- Undergraduate or graduate students who wish to learn more about leadership
- Anyone seeking inspiration and motivation from diverse leaders
What can I expect?
- Engaging keynote and breakout sessions offer hands-on, interactive topics featuring unique stories and experiences.
- Sessions focus on giving participants practical examples and take-away tools for real-world implementation.
- The conference workbook provides participants a ‘study guide’ to use throughout the weekend.
- Programming presents aspects of leadership relevant to students currently studying abroad as well as UK students.
- Attendees will be invited to join the conference Facebook event which will provide pre-conference updates and post-conference networking opportunities.
- Presentations will be available online after the conference.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM PREVIOUS CONFERENCES