WHY CHOOSE FIE FOR YOUR DUBLIN INTERNSHIP AND STUDY PROGRAM?
FIE students benefit from the local knowledge and expertise of our London and Dublin-based teams. For nearly 20 years FIE has worked with students to transform their interests and objectives into the reality of work opportunities in London and Dublin. We continuously develop partnerships with companies, not-for-profit organizations, charities, political and non-governmental organizations and social enterprises across the city, with hundreds of opportunities available across our two sites.
Students select three choices from our menu of 11 Internship Areas. This wide cross-section allows us to cater to almost every major and provide students with opportunities to build professional skills, increase industry knowledge and gain experience working in a different culture in a major global city.
From the beginning to the end of your internship experience, you are advised and supported by the FIE Internship Coordinator. The internship coordinator will guide you through developing strong application materials and provide expertise in available opportunities in your industry choices.
Together with the FIE Dublin Team, your internship coordinator works with you and your home institution’s Study Abroad Office to ensure that your experience is a rewarding and fulfilling one.
All students accepted on our Study & Internship program will participate in an internship placement. FIE will review your application, including your academic and professional achievements, and your three industry choices in order to identify the best opportunities available to you. On your behalf, we will present your candidacy to potential placements until you are provisionally accepted. Some placement sites may require a further interview with the candidate prior to arrival.
FIE is committed to providing quality and meaningful internship experiences for all students. We work to achieve this in a number of ways:
- Managing student expectations from the application phase through to the internship experience itself.
- Maintaining positive and current relations with our placement organizations.
- Providing a comprehensive orientation to ensure students are thoroughly prepared prior to placement.
- Engaging in quality control of our placements in order to promote the development of the student as a workplace team member and as a learner.
- Providing ongoing support and advice to both the student and the internship site staff throughout the internship experience.
- Ensuring potential placements are aware of their responsibility for the health and safety of the student while working within their organization.