Build intercultural skills and gain valuable experience in the global marketplace through an internship in Dublin!
FIE Dublin students have the opportunity to intern at a small-to-medium sized Irish company in the vibrant capital city in addition to their coursework through Dublin Business School. Internships in Dublin have recently soared in popularity as students take advantage of the 'big village feel' that is unique to Dublin. Experience Dublin as your classroom!
- Semester: Intern 2 - 2.5 days per week. Take FIE's signature International Internship Course (IIC) and Irish Life and Cultures, plus two to three DBS elective courses
- Summer: Intern 4 days per week. Takes FIE's signature International Internship Course (IIC) or an equivalent course offered by your home campus
- Participate in organized social events and extra-curricular activities with other FIE Dublin students
- Gain transferable and intercultural skills!
INTERNSHIP PLACEMENT INDUSTRY AREAS
FIE@DBS INTERNSHIP STREAMS
- Semester (15.5-weeks)
- Summer (8-weeks)
|Fall & Spring Semester Internships||
The Study & Internship experience at FIE Dublin consists of three parts:
An internship stream helps you choose your two to three elective courses based on your interest area. Click the links below for more detail on available Streams.
Stream Interest Areas include:
Two weekend-long study tours to Northern Ireland and the west of Ireland are included in the internship program.
The Internship experience consists of the International Internship Course (IIC) or relevant online course from your home campus, and the internship placement.
FIE Dublin Summer interns are with their internship placements 4 days a week.
Summer interns have access to FIE's subsidized student extra-curricular calendar, including activities in and around Dublin.
- GPA: 2.75
- Sufficient academic preparation and experience to participate in an internship abroad
- NOTE: Your home institution may require a higher GPA and other prerequisites
- If you attend an FIE partner institution, contact your study abroad advisor on campus for any additional requirements
COURSE ENROLLMENT AND TRANSCRIPTION INFORMATION
- Check with your study abroad advisor for course equivalencies, credit approval, and transcript information on your campus
Summer internship students from partner institutions:
- You have two options to fulfill the academic requirements of the Dublin Summer Internship program:
- If your home institution offers a campus-based, online internship course in which you are enrolled, no grade report or transcript will be issued
- If your home institution does not offer a campus-based or on-line internship you will be enrolled in FIE's International Internship Course (IIC). Students will be enrolled at FIE's School of Record, Drexel University, and a Drexel University transcript will be issued
Independent summer internship students:
- FIE's International Internship Course (IIC) is required
- Students will be enrolled at Drexel University and issued a Drexel University transcript
FIE's International Internship Course (IIC) and electives if applicable are delivered by Dublin Business School (DBS). For summer internships, the course may be taught at the city center campus location of DBS or online.