FIE has partnered with the University College Dublin, an institution ranked among the top 200 of higher education institutions worldwide, to present a semester-long program combining direct enrollment at UCD with FIE’s unique Irish Life and Cultures course.
UCD is one of Europe’s leading research-intensive universities where undergraduate education, postgraduate masters and PhD training, research, innovation and community engagement form a dynamic continuum of activity. The university was established in 1854 by John Henry Newman whose classic work The Idea of a University is one of the most enduring texts on the value of higher education and a source of inspiration for UCD’s current educational philosophy.
Today UCD is Ireland’s largest university with almost 25,000 students. UCD recently received a 50 million euro sports development, please see here for further information. Located just on the outskirts of Dublin and a quick bus ride from the city center, it actively promotes university life as a journey of academic and personal discovery. UCD is home to almost 5,000 international students and, in addition, places great emphasis on the internationalization of the Irish student experience – preparing all UCD students for future employment and life that crosses borders, boundaries and cultures.
- Semester (14-15 weeks)
- GPA: 3.0
- Minimum Freshman standing
- NOTE: Your home institution may require a higher GPA and other prerequisites
- If you attend an FIE partner institution, contact your study abroad advisor on campus for any additional requirements
CREDIT AND TRANSCRIPT INFORMATION
- Check with your study abroad advisor for a course equivalencies, credit approval and transcript information on your campus
- You will receive a transcript from University College Dublin
LEARN MORE ABOUT UCD