You probably have questions about what your living situation will be like while you are in Dublin. We've answered many of the frequently asked questions about the following topics below:
The US and Ireland have different rules, codes, and policies in regards to fire prevention, health, and safety. Please see our statement below on current facilities and procedures in our student residences halls.
Dublin Emergency Number: +353 (0)87 1200 553
|University College Dublin||Binary Hub|
Entry into UCD Buildings
Entry into Binary Hub
- When will I find out about my housing placement?
- You will be notified of your housing allocation approximately 30 days prior to your arrival.
- Can I move into housing early?
- Your housing is available for the duration of your program only and FIE cannot provide for early arrivals or late check outs.
- What time can I check in/out?
- Your check-in times will vary based on your housing assignment. Please note times are subject to change and your confirmed time will be received 30 days prior to your arrival.
- Where do I check in?
- Check-in will take place at your assigned residence.
- Are towels and bed linen supplied?
- Towels are not supplied, so expect to bring your own or purchase a towel in Dublin. Pillow and duvet are provided (NOT PROVIDED: pillow case, bed sheet, duvet cover)
- Are there computer facilities in my building?
- All residences are equipped with wifi.
- Are there laundry facilities?
- Yes. There are laundry facilities in the Binary Hub residence.
- Are there RAs in the building?
- At FIE Dublin, we call RAs or CAs 'Student Life Assistants' or SLAs. They live in Binary Hub with you and are available for after hours questions and emergencies.
- Apart from flatmates who else has access to my flat/room?
- Generally the Maintenance team and the residential staff. In addition, there are health and safety checks. If additional access is required, you will receive an email from the FIE team member.
- How do I report maintenance or emergency maintenance issues?
- Your place of residence will provide you with this procedure when you have arrived.
- Who cleans the apartment, provides toilet paper, and washes the bed linens?
- You do! Students are responsible for the cleanliness of your residence including your room and common areas.
Where should mail be sent to?
Aparto Binary Hub,